New in UV Realtime is the ability to
purchase premium features that enhance UV Realtime's baseline functionality.
There is one premium feature available at this time, the Premium Usage Meter. The Premium Usage Meter extends UV Realtime's built-in usage meter.
Baseline (included) Usage Meter Functionality
- Tracking of total uploaded and downloaded data using one of the interfaces on the 2Wire router.
- Real-time display of uploaded, downloaded, and total data updated every 5 minutes, accuracy to 0.1 GB.
- Bar meter of total data, color-coded for threshholds of 60%, 90%, and 100%.
- Ability to see total data use in the past 30 days, or see total data from any given date until today.
- Show total data using SI units (10^x, where 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes), or using Binary units (2^x, where 1GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes).
Premium Usage Meter Functionality
- All features from the baseline usage meter are included.
- Graphical time-based representation of the amount of uploaded, downloaded, and total data transferred in resolutions of 5-minutes, 30-minutes, 2-hours, or 1-day.
- Ability to see the usage meter statistics (uploaded, downloaded, and total data transferred) as well as the usage graph in the UV Realtime embedded web server.
- Ability to see total data use between two arbitrary dates.
- Metering cycle mode such that the usage statistics automatically reset on a certain day of the month.
- In metering cycle mode, a bar meter of the number of days into the metering cycle is shown next to the bar meter of usage. This allows quick at-a-glance judgment of whether your usage is on track to be under or over for the metering cycle.
Purchase a subscription to the premium usage meter on the purchase page.
UV Realtime premium features are activated using an activation code. When you purchase the feature, you will be automatically e-mailed a registration code. Paste the code into the UV Realtime activation dialog box (About tab -> Product Activation tab -> Activate Premium Feature) and restart UV Realtime to activate your premium feature.
UV Realtime premium features are tied to your 2Wire Residential Gateway. If you must have your RG replaced, UV Realtime will automatically re-activate your premium feature the next time it starts up. You are allowed up to 3 RG changes per year. After that, UV Realtime will no longer reactivate.
Because the premium features are tied to the 2Wire RG, all instances of UV Realtime in your home will all share the same premium features. You only need to activate one installation, and then all installations on all computers will also be activated for the same premium feature. Note that this only applies to installations of UV Realtime which access the same RG. If you have UV Realtime installed on a laptop, and take that laptop to another network where there is a different RG, UV Realtime will start up and run, but without your premium features since they are not activated for a different RG.